Dallas-Plano-Irving and Austin-Round Rock took the top two spots on Forbes‘ list of America’s best large cities for jobs in 2018.
The Dallas area had 2.6 million jobs in 2017, a 2.8 percent increase from the previous year. That’s 19.6 percent growth since 2012 and 25.6 percent since 2006.
The city’s job growth is paced by strong population gain. According to Forbes, the key to Dallas’ success is its relatively affordable housing, a favorable climate, low taxes, and an increasing array of cultural amenities.
Second-ranked Austin had 1.05 million jobs last year, a 3.4 percent increase over 2016 and 39 percent since 2006. Like Dallas, the Texas Capital’s expansion is paced by strong population growth.
The rest of the top ten are:
- No. 3 Nashville-Davidson-
- No. 4 San Jose-Sunnyvale-Santa Clara, Calif.;
- No. 5 Charlotte-Concord-Gastonia, N .C.-S.C.;
- No. 6 Orlando-Kissimmee-Sanford, Fla.;
- No. 7 Raleigh, N.C.;
- No. 8 San Francisco-Redwood City-South San Francisco;
- No. 9 Seattle-Bellevue-Everett; and
- No. 10 Riverside-San Bernardino-Ontario, Calif.
Our area is booming! If you need any help either moving to the DFW Metroplex, or within it, please contact Moira at: 817-343-5531.